Click here for a printable PDF of this article
You have completed Knowledge Matters’ Virtual Business simulation, and now, it’s time to take your students’ experiential learning to the next level with our Collaboration Simulations! Our next generation of business simulations are engaging and visually immersive, just like you’ve come to expect, but now you can create a new layer of realism and depth utilizing a team environment. Collaboration Simulations give you opportunities to group students, allowing them to develop deeper communication skills, strategize to work through authentic obstacles, and foster and expand interpersonal skills as they navigate what it means to truly to function as a business team. With Collaboration Simulations, each student plays an essential role in their company, and they succeed and fail as a team… just like they will in the real world.
Collaboration Simulations are designed to be implemented in a collaborative, team environment. Teams of up to 4 students must be created to ensure each specific function and role of the simulation can be addressed to create the most realistic team environment.
Collaboration Simulations can be completed as a team during class or can be completed virtually. Each student will need access to their own device whether the simulation is being run in class or virtually.
- Audience: Post-secondary students
- Organization: These virtual simulations must be completed in teams of up to 4
- Timeframe: Customizable
- Delivery Options:
- Capstone project
- Class and/or district competitions
- Virtual competition practice
- Station rotation
- Extension activities
- Extra credit
- Collaborate on business decisions via live video streaming
- Strategize and implement a variety of business strategies and tactics
- Focus on coordinated teamwork to fulfill strategic roles and functions of a team
- Analyze data within the simulation
- Discuss and plan upcoming business strategies
- Develop interpersonal skills as they work collaboratively with patience, empathy, and support
Collaboration Simulation Navigational Guide
- We know you’re anxious to see the Collaboration Simulations in action! The link below will take you to an interactive walk- through of a simulation including an introduction, sandbox overview, and team collaboration elements. This helpful tutorial can also be shared with your students.
Collaboration Simulation Interactive Tutorial
- Computer, laptop, Chromebook, tablet, or phone with webcam & microphone (webcam and microphone can be internal or external)
- Internet access
Tips for Success
- When using Collaboration Simulations in person, mute the audio to avoid echoes from the video conference capabilities.